Attend Google I/O with PyLadies!
April 26, 2014 | Tag: » Announcements, Conferences, outreach
Are you a PyLady who missed the lottery to attend Google I/O? Well, now is your chance! As a PyLady, you have an opportunity to buy one of 50 allotted tickets from Google for $300.
PLEASE NOTE: No additional financial aid will be given! You are responsible for your own funds, travel arrangements, etc. Feel free to coordinate on the PyLadies Google Group mailing list or others (e.g. DevChix, Systers, etc) for roommates, etc.
About Google I/O:
- June 25th & 26th
- San Francisco, CA at Moscone Center
- $300 for a ticket (versus $900 of the regular sticker price)
- Social networking opportunities for women
- Link: https://www.google.com/events/io
- Identify as a woman (emphatically trans & queer friendly)
- Are not a Google employee
- Are able to arrange and pay for your own travel and stay (absolutely NO additional financial aid will be given)
- You are applying for yourself (not on behalf of someone else)
- Not already signed up/registered to attend
General Criteria (including, but not limited to):
- Usage of Google Apps, products, and APIs
- Involvement with PyLadies, Python, and/or the Open Source community
- Ability to give back to Python/PyLadies community
- Applications due: Friday, May 9th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Notifications of recipients: Friday, May 16th (roughly)
- Award recipients must register within 2 weeks of receiving award letter and signup process
All information here will not be made public, and will be reviewed by PyLadies leadership only. Please email email@example.com regarding any questions you have.